Text messages are one of the most convenient and budget-friendly ways to keep in touch with people. Some messages bear importance, and they may be work related, or a romantic message from a loved one, or a list of things to buy.
Often, essential and cherished texts get deleted by mistake. Or sometimes only after deleting a message, we realize the mistake we made. iPhones get clogged up due to messages, to unclog the memory, users often mass delete conversations which are older than a month. While doing so, important messages may get deleted. If you have deleted a message and are wondering about ways to restore it, then in this post we have provided a way to restore messages from your iPhone if you use iCloud.
As far as one knows, this method of restoring messaged from iCloud will be effective only when you have created an iCloud backup before deleting the message. If you are not sure whether or not you were able to back your iPhone before the time you removed your messages, here’s how to check:
If you do not know if you had backed up the device before you deleted the texts, then here are the steps for checking it:
- From the iPhone’s Home Screen, tap on Settings.
- Go to iCloud and select Manage Storage.
- After that, tap on Backup.
- Now, all the backups created by the user will be listed.
- Just check when you created the backup and check if any backup contains the message which you have removed.
- To find out exactly when the backup was created, you need to tap on the backup.
After ascertaining that the message had been backed up before its removal, you will have to wipe out the phone and get it back to the factory settings. Keep in mind that, when you do so, all the data which has not been saved will get removed. Therefore, save everything and create the backup before conducting the factory reset.
After backing up the data, here is what you need to do:
- From the Home Screen, launch the Settings application by tapping on it.
- Now, go to General and tap on the Reset option. Select Erase All Content and Settings.
- Now, wait patiently for all the content to get deleted and allow it to reset.
- After this, you need to set up the iPhone.
- When you are prompted to recover the data from the old backup, ensure that you select the correct backup which contains the message.